SPARKY FORUM

UPS for Sparky

UPS for Sparky
« on: January 17, 2017, 11:47:33 AM »
I'm looking for a UPS to do a clean shutdown of the Sparky when power fails or on demand on the push of a button. 

I'm considering this one: https://www.tindie.com/products/xorbit/lifepo4weredpi3/ .

I noticed the 40 PIN GPIO pin out was posted in the technical questions, but the link doesn't work.  So my question is if those first few pins to which the UPS above attaches to are the same in the Sparky.  According to the UPS' documentation they are the first 8 pins of the Raspberry Pi GPIO header (Raspberry Pi 2 or 3).

Thanks in advance.

Re: UPS for Sparky
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2017, 09:06:38 PM »
Dear Team,

Please find the link for 40-PIN-GPIO pin out details for sparky.

http://61.12.17.162:9098/sparky/40-PIN-GPIO-PIN-OUT-DETAILS-2.doc

With Regards
Sparky Admin

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2017, 03:08:27 PM »
The couple of UPS I've found to my like rely on RPI's TX pin 8 to be set low when the OS shuts down.  I tested the Sparky with and without the Kali/Piano2.1 and powered by the Kali or powered on its own (SBC jumper off in Kali) and pin 8 stays high after shutdown.  Is there any way that we can force pin 8 to go low *after* OS is shutdown besides you changing something in the hardware design?

Thanks.

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2017, 09:56:49 PM »
Dear Team,

Can you please send one diagram about your architecture and how you are connecting 8 pin.

With Regards
Sparky Admin

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2017, 09:46:20 PM »
Hello,

I have checked the TX pin 8 when the OS shuts down with pinning a LED on it, the pin isn`t high on that instance could you please feel free to share how exactly you noticed it was high on Sparky SBC and FYI i have checked it with and without Kali/Piano2.0/piano2.1 on sparky SBC

Thanks

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2017, 11:50:49 AM »
Hi.  Sorry, I forgot to check the forum!  Thanks for the information.

I put a meter on pin 8 and ground and got < 1vdc, when the sparky was running and after shutting down, the value did not change.  I put an LED at your suggestion to pin 1 and ground and the LED was on, moved it to pin 8 and ground and it was always off, when the sparky was running and when it was off. 

Perhaps I'm doing something wrong? 

It's running the latest Volumio image.  I did not check to see if the serial console was running on the TX/RX ports, don't know if that would make a difference.