SPARKY FORUM

RPI+ISOLATOR+KALI Connections?

RPI+ISOLATOR+KALI Connections?
« on: September 29, 2017, 03:03:31 AM »
Hi folks,

I am using a RPI+KALI combo which is fed to my i2s DAC. At present I power the Kali using the standard wall wart power supply by Allo and that indirectly powers on the RPI too.

I have just received an Isolator board by Allo and am not clear as to how to power each components now? I have also received the battery pack from Allo. Question:

RPI-->ISOLATOR-->KALI

If I power on the isolator using the lifepo 18650 batteries, will that power on the RPI too? (maybe that defeats isolation then). If the isolator doesnt power on the RPI, do I buy a separate power supply for the RPI?

Then coming to KALI, it will require a second power supply for itself?

If someone can clarify quick, I can get these going asap.

Cheers
Kartick

Re: RPI+ISOLATOR+KALI Connections?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2017, 05:02:38 AM »
Hi,

You need to give power supply for RPI and KALI board.No need to connect battery or power supply to the isolator board.

With Regards
Sparky Admin

Re: RPI+ISOLATOR+KALI Connections?
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 02:04:02 PM »
Hi,

You need to give power supply for RPI and KALI board.No need to connect battery or power supply to the isolator board.

With Regards
Sparky Admin
I already had a working raspberry pi -> Allo Kali Reclocker -> I2S DAC in slave mode

I just received my ISOLATOR , MCLK, BCLK and FCLK are there, but no i2s data signal coming out on pin 40 of the isolator.

I have isolator configured in slave mode.

Any idea on why there is no data signal?

Edit: I just figured it out, needed to place the jumper on the reclocker board in order to let the powered reclocker board feed power to the isolator.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 02:34:49 PM by hifiman »