SPARKY FORUM

HDMI with small LCD

HDMI with small LCD
« on: December 30, 2016, 08:11:33 AM »
Helo. I just got my sparky yesterday and i wanted to connect a small 5 inch touch LCD to it:
http://www.waveshare.com/5inch-hdmi-lcd.htm on the raspberry i added :
hdmi_group=2
hdmi_mode=1
hdmi_mode=87
hdmi_cvt 800 480 60 6 0 0 0

to ma config.txt on the odroid i had a special ENV/U-boot setting that did that. I was wondering are there eny environment settings i can set in uenv.txt to get this working, if so what are they. Maybe i need to recompile the DTB to get the HDMI settings i want (i saw some resolution HDMI settings in the DTS on the github repo for the kernel)

I was also wondering if the kernel changes are pushed to mainline, is the company doing the SOC pushing it's code to the kernel.org repo or maybe someone else is doing or planning on doing that in the future ? I worked for samsung with some people that did a lot of work on the EXYNOS soc and all the work they done in the kernel at some point was pushed to the mainline branch, i don't know if this is the case for this SOC.

Great machine btw, i hope to get it running for my central torrent/nas/remote-shell machine asap, my odroid xu4 gave up recently so i needed a change.