SPARKY FORUM

problems !!!!

problems !!!!
« on: January 17, 2018, 04:15:21 PM »
Hello,
Hoping I can get some help.
I am trying to get Spotify broadcasted to my sparky+kali+piano2.1 to send the signal RCA to my tube amplifier.

I have tried: DietPi
I could  stream via my laptop spotify (or straight phone spotify) via the app AirSpot (on my phone): onto the Gmrender on Dietpi. So this worked but it was slow and sometimes dropped out. Also whenever I wanted to change the song I found I had to disconnect and reconnect. A pain in the arse....

Next I tried the android installation - this would be great. Got the installation working just fine. However - no sound. No way to control the audio output from the piano - does this not exist???? Are there no android drivers for the piano?????

Then I tried the ubuntu version - thought this would be the solution as you can have spotify for linux and I can see on that it includes drivers for the piano.

However there are two issues with this install - one it seems to imply from the install instructions that it has to be done on eMMC although the instructions are a little ambiguous whether it can be done on an SSD.

So I tried to install it on an SSD - the installation on the card seem to go okay - but the sparky wont recognize the os.
Wondering if this has something to do with a) the android flashing - you have to plug the sparky in via USB when flashing - does this do something to sparky that means other OS on the SSD wont be recognized???

Or does ubuntu install need to be on an eMMC??

I absolutely love the sound of the piano - I built my own speakers and valve tube amplifier and it sounds amazing....Way better than when I use the audio jack (DAC) from my phone.

Just need an easy way to get my spotify music through the sparky and out the piano RCA.

(As an aside one of my primary RCA channels failed on the piano so I have to use the subwoofer ones - which seems to be identical in performance as the primary ones)
Does anybody know what the after market service from allo is like???

Thanks for any help.
Keith